Blowers Green Primary Celebrates a Double Outstanding Ofsted Judgement
Blowers Green Primary in Dudley has once again been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, following a recent inspection on Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th April 2022. This is a momentous achievement as the academy was rated ‘Outstanding’ in 2016 and again in 2022. It is a very rare occurrence for a school to retain its ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgment.
Zoe Adams, Headteacher at Blowers Green Primary, said, “I am overjoyed that our school has retained its ‘Outstanding’ judgement. Every individual who is part of our educational community is committed to providing only the best for our young people. As noted in the report ‘teachers know exactly what pupils must learn and the order they must learn it in. They follow this structure and sequence with precision’. With the support of Dudley Academies Trust, the school has been able to ensure subjects have continued to be “organised in depth and detail”.
Mrs S Sehmbi, Executive Director of Primary, said, “I am extremely proud of our school. Achieving two ‘Outstanding’ judgments consecutively clearly demonstrates our commitment to the children and their families. As it states in the report, we demand “nothing but the best for our pupils".
Jo Higgins, Chief Executive of Dudley Academies Trust, said, “I am delighted for Blowers Green Primary and the Trust staff who support them. This is an exceptional achievement, and I am pleased that our school has once again been recognised as an ‘Outstanding’ educational provider. The report noted that ‘leaders demand and deliver the very best opportunities for pupils at Blowers Green. They 'dream big' for and on behalf of all their pupils’. I cannot emphasise enough the importance and impact this has which enables all our young people to truly dream big for their future”.
Pat Hazlehurst, Trustee of Dudley Academies Trust and Chair of the Local Advisory Committee for Blowers Green Primary, said, “The outcome of the inspection underlines our ongoing commitment to surround our children with excellence. The inspector noted that at Blowers Green Primary ‘every second counts’. The inspection outcomes show the impact of our daily focus on nurturing and supporting our staff to be outstanding and our effectiveness in developing our future leaders.”
The Ofsted inspection report states that:
- “No child is left behind.”
- “This attention to vocabulary and language forms the heartbeat of the reading curriculum.”
- “Leaders think deeply about every decision they make and every action they take. Nothing is left to chance. As a result, all pupils achieve exceptionally well across the curriculum.”
- “‘From here you can go anywhere' is instilled in pupils, from the very youngest in nursery to those soon to move to secondary school.”
- “Pupils show understanding of the knowledge and qualities needed to live side by side in harmony through their actions and words. From here, pupils really can ‘dream big and go anywhere’.”